Egi Anwari, S.Sn., M.Ds.
Visual Communication Design is primarily concerned with the process of generating and translating creative ideas into an effective visual design in communicating a message, especially in the advertising industry. It deals not only with forms and esthetics, but also with cultural aspects that are relevant to the society.
The Visual Communication Design curricula at ITHB is specifically designed to :
- Equip students with the ability to analyze problems, plan and design visual communication that effectively convey a message in creative, analytical, and innovative ways.
- Develop the awareness and understanding of cultural and social aspects that need to be taken into account in a design process.
- Develop the capability to master communication techniques using various multimedia tools (i.e.hardware, software and audio visual tools).
- Develop the professionalism, entrepreneurship and ability to learn and quickly respond to changes and emerging opportunities in the area of advertising industry.
- Develop character, integrity, and sense of purpose that are essential for a successful career and meaningful life.
|Visual Literacy Fundamental||2|
|Creative Thinking Fundamental||2|
|Digital Photography Fundamental||3|
|Visual Presentation Skills||2|
|Core Skills and Character||2|
|Studio 1: Understanding Visual Forms and Context||5|
|Audiovisual Editing Course||2|
|Media Communication Theories||2|
|Visual Research Methods||2|
|Social Behaviourn Psychology||2|
|Studio II : Designing For Corporate Identity||5|
|Media Production Management||2|
|General Computer Skills and Communication Skills||–|
|Indonesian Cultural Studies||2|
|Studio III: Designing for Brand Activation||6|
|Adobe Certified Associate – Visual Communication Using Adobe Photoshop||–|
|Design Project Management||2|
|Studio IV: Design for Advertising Campaign||6|
|Creative Media Production||2|
|Pancasila and Civics||3|
|Studio 5: Designing for Social Movements||7|
|Leadership and Entrepreneurship||–|
Final Year Project
ELECTIVE COURSES I
|Toy Product Design||2|
ELECTIVE COURSES II
|Comics & Sequential Art||2|
|Game & Visual Design||2|