Herastia Maharani, ST., MT.
Our programs are very much industry driven and relevant and our graduates are global citizens and industry ready. Alumni of the School have progressed into a number of significant careers in leading multinational technology based companies. In line with APU’s vision, the School aims to be a leading provider of high quality computing and technology education and a contributor to research at the national and international level. This is emphasiszed by our mission to provide high quality and internationally recognized and benchmarked technology education and to be recognized for innovative teaching methods and educational activities.
Programs being developed aims to:
- Facilitate your academic and vocational progression by developing knowledge, key skills and capacity for independent and lifelong learning
- Develop your skills in imaginative problem-solving and decision-making
- Develop your Personal Development Portfolio to support your career aspirations
- Provide a stimulating, interactive and accessible course of study to give you a sound grasp of information technology knowledge, analysis and contemporary issues which you can develop and apply in future employment
- Develop your imagination and innovative abilities to show initiative and creativity in your work
- Develop your intelligence, ingenuity, inventiveness and independence as well as your communication skills
APU was announced as among the Highest Rated Universities in Malaysia, being rated at TIER 5 (EXCELLENT) under the SETARA 2011 Ratings by the Ministry of Higher Education (MOHE) and Malaysian Qualifications Agency (MQA) which was announced by the Minister of Higher Educationof Malaysia on 1st November 2012.
The Asia Pacific University has and always will, continue to develop and deliver its academic programsthrough unique and well-established international partnerships, particularly with Staffordshire University, UK but also with other partners throughout the world. This formidable combination of Malaysian homegrown programs fortified with international benchmarking, provides our students with the assurance that the qualifications gained from APU truly meet international quality standards. All the partners APU works with in the United Kingdom, Australia and elsewhere have contributed in some way or other to the development, growth and ultimate success of the APIIT Education Group, and APIIT in particular.
APU longest standing partner and ally through all of this has been Staffordshire University, United Kingdom and this partnership is the longest surviving relationship between a UK University and a Malaysian institution.
Business Information System
This program is specifically designed to provide:
- Familiarity with a broad range of information technologies and how they are used.
- An understanding of frameworks and planning techniques for the strategic management of information systems in organizations.
- The ability to critically evaluate and apply appropriate strategies and techniques to the development of business information systems
YEAR 1 Common Modules
| Computing & IT in the Workplace
Fundamentals of Software Development
Introduction to Databases
Introduction to Manajement
Introduction to Networking
Mathematicals Concepts for computing
Operating Systems & Computer Architecture
System Analysis & Design
|Interactive Media & Web Design Technology|
|Introduction to Object-Oriented Programming|
YEAR 2: Common Modules
|Mobile Application Development|
|Mobile Operating System|
|Networks and the Internet|
|Computer Architecture and Data Communication|